Join my Newsletter for upcoming events and information

Thursday, September 6, 2018

A story about my little guy Ben and classes start next week! Register now!

I had my first child in June 2017.  I've always been a homebody- an introvert in an extroverts body.  On my free time, I like to just hang at home with my family and take things slow.  When I'm working or out in public, I LOVE talking to people and sharing my passion. 

This past summer was hard on my family and depleted a lot of my energy.  What I love about the changing of seasons in New England is that it's a great time to reset ourselves and start new.  I did notice however, that this summer that I wasn't taking my almost 15 month old son out and about as much as I probably should have.  I'm a former educator and a certified baby and toddler yoga teacher, I know how important every day is for these babies in their growth and learning.

With the fall season coming, I was determined to push myself to do things outside of work and I enrolled my son in a a music and movement class at the Nashua YMCA.  He LOVED it!  What we did in class is very similar to what I teach in my Baby & Toddler yoga classes.  I don't bring my son to my classes though unless my husband is there to watch him.  He's too busy and my goal is to be 100% present for the students in my classes.  I also realized how important it is to have 30-60 min of time carved out of your day for only your child.  The interactions and experiences he is getting from being with other children is so important as well!

My new experiences as a mom just solidifies my decision to move into a career of teaching Kids, Families, and Adults with all abilities yoga & mindfulness.

That being said, there are 3 different series being offered starting next week!  There is still spots available and time to register!  


Class 1



Title (what): Baby & Me: Yoga & Mindfulness (6 weeks- Crawling w/ caregiver).
Description: Baby & Me Yoga & Mindfulness is 60 minutes dedicated to your baby and yourself. Unlike Postnatal Yoga, this class is aimed more for the baby’s benefit. You will learn different movements and songs that may assist your baby in their developmental milestones (tummy time, relieving gas, strengthen muscles, developing language). Learn tools for your caregiver toolbox to use at home during the week while taking time to be present with your child. Gentle stretching & Mindfulness activities for the parent will also be included as well as group discussions to help get to know and learn from other caregivers.
Time & Dates: Session A. 10:00 am- 11:00 am. Six weeks starting Monday 9/10 (9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, (no class 10/15) & 10/22).
Investment: $96.00
Registration: laurenyoungyoga@gmail.com
Location (where): Inner Lotus Haven. 3 Crosby Ln (lower level). Londonderry, NH 03053.
FAQ: Wear comfortable clothing for sitting on the floor. Please bring a yoga mat (there is a limited amount available if needed), a baby blanket or two to support your baby on your mat, and a motivating small toy to use during certain activities.

Class 2


Title (what): Little Movers Yoga & & Mindfulness (standing/moving- 24 months w/ caregiver)
Description: Toddler Yoga is 60 minutes of songs, games, movement, and regulated breathing that encourages language development, body awareness, gross and fine motor skills, strength, balance, socialization, connection, and bonding with their caregiver. This class does not look like a “regular” yoga class, but you may see a few traditional yoga poses during class. The lessons taught will give a range of options to assist every child at their own developmental stage. Within those 60 minutes, time will be given for parents/caregivers to connect to others in the community and practice Mindfulness activities to strengthen your awareness and bring a stillness to your day.
Time & Dates: Session A. 11:15 am- 12:15 pm. Six weeks starting Monday 9/10 (9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, (no class 10/15) & 10/22).
Investment: $96.00
Registration: laurenyoungyoga@gmail.com
Location (where): Inner Lotus Haven. 3 Crosby Ln (lower level). Londonderry, NH 03053.


Class 3


Title (what): Kids Yoga & Mindfulness (ages 5-10).
Description: Yoga for Kids encourages children to explore their natural abilities in an active, safe, and fun way that honors the diversity of each students’ flexibility and strength. This is a fun, playful class where kids can move energy through their bodies and bring calm into their minds. We are all born natural yogis. The younger we are, the more pliable and flexible our muscles and joints are.
Time & Dates: Six Wednesday’s starting Sept 12, 2018 to Oct 17, 2018, 5:00-6:00 pm.
Investment: $75.00 per child ($70.00 for each additional sibling)
Registration: https://webtrac.pelhamweb.com//wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/search.html or in person at 6 Village Green, Pelham, NH.
Contact: laurenyoungyoga@gmail.com
Location (where): Hobbs Community Center (Senior Center) 8 Nashua Road, Pelham, NH
FAQ: No experience necessary; bring a yoga mat and water bottle.
Size of groups is limited; first come, first serve. Pre-Registration required.

No comments:

Post a Comment