Join my Newsletter for upcoming events and information

Monday, August 29, 2016

Summer is over? Already? Time for Fall!

I have not been very active on this blog (that includes updating my schedule).  Please visit my Business Page for Facebook: Lauren Young Yoga for up to date information!  I post regularly over there.  You an also find a link to that Facebook page to the right of your screen!

Past:
Last week finished the Nashua YMCA's summer schedule.  What a wonderful summer it was with all of my little yogi and yoginis!

I enjoyed teaching kids & family yoga at the Rodgers Memorial Library!  I was able to teach two classes a few times over the summer.  The first class was aimed towards kids 3-6 years old and the second for kids 7-12 years old.  I had such a blast!

Lastly, I taught 3 Family Yoga classes at Banyan Tree Yoga!  For those of you who do not know, this is the Yoga studio that I fell in love with in the Nashua area.  I'm currently half way through my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200) for adults!  We also have Kids Yoga scheduled as a specialty class randomly through out the year.  Please keep checking my schedule for updates! 

This summer I took two courses at ChildLight Yoga in Dover, NH to become certified in: Tween & Teen Yoga and Teens and Adults with Special Needs!  I am so excited to be able to teach these populations!  Keep on the look out for some new classes to be scheduled!

I'm over half way through my courses to become a Registered Child Yoga Teacher (RYT-95)!  The requirement is to become a RYT-200 and finish 95 hours of Child/Teen related yoga programs.  I will be attending the certification course in November to learn how to teach babies and toddlers yoga and my last course will be the Advanced Child Yoga course! 

This new career path has meshed so well with my previous career.  I am the happiest that I've been and so excited to share Yoga with so many different children, teens, adults, families, and other special populations!

Present: 

Starting Thursday, 9/1/16, I'll be teaching a Kids Yoga class at the Nashua YMCA for their fall schedule.  No registration required.  Must be a YMCA member.  Child must be in 2nd grade or ages 7-12 years old.  Class is every Thursday from 4:30-5:25 pm in Studio B.  I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment